Little Island Furcon
Little Island Furcon, or LIFC for short, is Singapore’s very own annual furry convention. It’s a place for Singaporean and international furs to get together and celebrate what it means to be a furry. There will be activities, panels, and games; as well as a Dealers’ Den for all your furry souvenir needs.
LIFC 2023 will be held on the 10th to 11th of June at the Resorts World Sentosa Convention Centre.
The Furry Fandom
A furry is someone who has an interest in animals with human traits, like the ability to talk, wear clothes, or even walk on two legs. Some furries love creating artwork, writing stories, or role-playing as anthropomorphic animals. Many have their own special character, called a fursona, that they use to represent themselves in the furry community. It’s a fun and creative way to connect with others who share similar interests!
While some furries own a fursuit, you don’t need one to join the convention. All are welcome to come and be part of the LIFC community!
LIFC is a ticketed event, which means you will need to register to gain entry to the convention. Here are some important details you should know:
- To register for LIFC, you must be at least 13 years old on the first day of the event.
- There are three tiers of registration: attendee, sponsor, and super sponsor. All tiers give you access to the convention, but sponsor and super sponsor tiers come with perks like additional LIFC merchandise and early access to the Dealer’s Den.
- Registration for LIFC 2023 is closed. Stay tuned on our social media platforms to find out when the next event is happening!
- Limited tickets will be sold during the event.
LIFC will be held on the weekends from the 10th to 11th of June. If you’re staying in Singapore, you don’t need to take leave from work or school to attend the convention. However, depending on your energy levels, you may want to take the following Monday off to recharge.
If you’re coming from outside of Singapore, we encourage you to make the most of your trip by arranging extra time to explore the city. Consider arriving 2-3 days before the event or staying 2-3 days after the event to tour Singapore and experience all the amazing sights and sounds the city has to offer. Our locals would be happy to show you around and help you make the most of your visit.
LIFC will be happening at the RWS Convention Centre located in Sentosa. If you are local, feel free to travel between the convention and your home in the morning and night to save on accommodation costs.
Here are some considerations to take note of:
- LIFC ends around 10PM on each night, and starts early on the second day. Staying at a nearby hotel can save you some travel time and let you rest after a long day of activities.
- If you are hanging out with friends in their hotel rooms after the event, you may end up staying later than midnight. If that is the case, you may be spending upwards of $30-50 to get a taxi back home, since public transport will be closed by then.
- If you have a fursuit or photography equipment, having a hotel room nearby can make it convenient for you to store your belongings.
Rooming with friends is also a great way to have fun and make memories together! If you’re looking for people to share hotel rooms with, you can join our LIFC Telegram group chat and connect with other attendees!
For more information on hotels, alternative accommodations, and travel options, check out our hotel info page.
Things to Bring
For your convenience, be sure to bring these items with you to LIFC!
- Personal identification (passport, NRIC, Singpass, etc) - required during registration so we can verify your identity.
- Money for meals, transport, and other purchases.
- Water bottle - stay hydrated!
And just in case, we recommend bringing these items too!
- Portable power bank for your phone.
- A camera to capture memories! Your phone camera works too.
- Additional money if you are planning to buy merchandise from the Dealer’s Den!
- Fursuit and other accessories if you’re a fursuiter.
Lastly, if you’re staying at a hotel, don’t forget to bring:
- A change of clothes to last you two days
- Charging cables for your electronic devices
- Travel adaptor for UK plugs
At regular conventions, panels are informative sessions or discussions led by enthusiasts or experts on a variety of topics. At a furry convention however, panels are more casual and informal, and they are organized by fun-loving furries themselves. Attendees have the opportunity to learn, share experiences, and engage in lively conversations with fellow furries during these interactive panels. Topics are usually related to the furry fandom, but can also cover a wide range of subjects such as social issues, gaming, art and more. Some can even be getting together for a karaoke session, play games, or meet-and-greets, so make sure to join in the fun!
The Dealers’ Den at a furry convention is a bustling marketplace where artists, creators, and vendors showcase and sell their furry-themed merchandise. It’s like a haven for all things furry and creative! You can find a wide variety of items, including art prints, fursuits, accessories, clothing, plush toys, and much more. The Dealers’ Den is a fantastic opportunity to discover unique and one-of-a-kind creations, support talented artists, and indulge in your love for all things furry. Whether you’re looking to expand your collection or find that perfect furry-themed treasure, the Dealers’ Den is the place to be.
An off-shoot of the Dealers’ den is the Artist Alley, both of which will be at LIFC. They’re both pretty similar, but at the Artist Alley, anyone can set up a booth on the fly to sell art, merchandise or crafts. If you’re a budding artist just casually looking to do an art trade, or finding furries to draw art of, this is the place for you!
The Zoo is the dedicated spot for furries to hang-out at LIFC. Come introduce yourself, meet new friends, or just relax after a long day of activities! Fursuiters will also be suiting around the area. Board games will also be available for loan (free-of-charge).
LIFC is a special event for everyone to come together and celebrate what it means to be a furry! Don’t be shy, and check out everything LIFC has to offer.
If you’re new to this community, having friends to accompany you at LIFC will make it less daunting. Invite some of your friends to join us, or you can join our Telegram chat and connect with other attendees. There are loads of activities for you to hang out with your friends, as well as meet new people!
Be sure to grab your attendee ticket, and we’ll see you at LIFC!